Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when someone that is do to clock in but instead clocks in to resign?


Asked by cheermom2009 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 6 (104 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • You have to pay them for the time they were clocked in. Even though they did resign, they still followed proper procedure until they did.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • After they resign you have them clock out, and pay them according to their wage agreement.

    Answer by Maureenmich at 9:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • You pay them for the time they were there and then send them their last paycheck.

    SUcks but you have to pay them.

    Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • In other words what do you do if someone is scheduled to come into work, but quits instead?

    Are you the manager or worker?

    If you are the worker then you contact a manager if they aren't there to hear the news themselves and let them know if you can or can not stay late to cover the shift. Typically though a manager can cover.

    If you are the manager then you ask the curren worker if they can stay long enough for you to get someone in to cover the shift. If they can not then you cover it yourself as well as make calls to prospective people to cover the shift. Then you hire someone else.

    Answer by Memigen at 2:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • If they did not do any work that day. They do not get payed. JMO.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • How long did it take them to resign? I say they dont get paid for that day you just send them their last check.

    Answer by ria7 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010