Am I lazy if my babys in daycare and I dont work???

So heres the situation read carefully plz!

He is 2 months old and is a handful! He never sleeps which is one of the reasons I feel so burned out He has trouble latching on so im pumping and bottle feeding so when he does sleep I have enough time to pump do dishes and hes awake again! My boyfriend works 6 days a week 8-5 and helps as much as he can but thats it. So I havent done it yet but I was thinking maybe doing two half days a week just to catch up on cleaning and sleep because I cant bare to be away from him that long. Is this ok? any suggestions?

BTW hes only happy in his swing,bouncer,etc for maybe 10 min and starts screaming again so thats not much help and I have no family here to give me a break either

dairyberrys

Asked by dairyberrys at 2:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In my opinion yes I think you seem lazy.
    smilingontime

Answer by smilingontime at 2:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you need a break take a break.
    Have you seen a lactation counselor about the latch?

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Everybody needs a break.. & its only 2 half days. I'm debating on whether to send my 3 & 5 year olds to daycare when I have my baby in December. It will be right around Christmas break so I will have them my whole maternity leave.. Everyone suggests that maybe just a couple days a week send the older two so I am able to get some sleep.. I'm just not really that type of Mama & I probably won't send them.. lol.. But it may be easier on you if you have somewhat of a break.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• heck no..you need a break and he does,too. besides, it will do him good to meet/associate with other children or adults. if you can afford a few days/week, go for it. you can use that time to do personal things like your drs appt. or a haircut or simply grocery shopping with both hands.

i see nothing wrong with it. women do it all the time..they just call it 'grandma'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you could afford it, go for it. Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't do it. Newborn times are really hard but it doesn't last forever. Next thing you know, he'll be 4 years old and you are trying to wake him up for school.

When having a new baby, housework goes on the back burner as far as what you have to take care of is concerned.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• sounds like colic but u need a break every once in a while so no in my opnion
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 2:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• As moms we all go through stages like this...just part of the territory. I understand your frusteration, he does sound like a handful right now. But here is the good news I was going to tell you about!!!

IT DOES GET BETTER! And it changes all the time. Babies go through all sorts of stages...good and bad!

Give him a few weeks, he will be a different baby! A few more weeks, another change.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think you are lazy at all. Yo uare becoming overwhelmed and can admit to yourself that you need help. When my son was born I started taking him to daycare when I went back to work and some days even when I wasn't working I would take him with his sisters so that I could run errands and clean, etc nd actually focus.

Screw the assholes who wil tell you that you are being lazy or careless.

At least you can admit that you need a little time and help when some can't and then bad things happen.

Do what you need to in order to make it! :)

Good luck and ignore the hateful remarks that are bound to happen on here due to the MOST AMAZING AND ALL TIME PERFECT moms on here. They are too judgemental anyways.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• from a mother whos son was colicky 14 hours a day for 6 months - and was never happy and never slept more than 20 minutes at a time for many months and finally after him not sleeping for 3 days at 8 months, i brought him in - um, especialyl without help, no, if you are completely overwhelmed and can not get a break otherwise from famiyl or friends, than you do what you have to do in or to live really.. without the support of my mother i never would have made it through my sons colic, I truly mean that in every sense,... it takes it toll in so many ways when mommy is sleep deprived, but if you are caught up once he gets easier and you are bringing him for just ME time 2-3 days a week, then thats when lazy creeps in..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• seems kinda dumb to spend $$ on daycare just so you can catch up on sleep/housework... hire a maid instead to come in 2 days a week and help u catch up on housework if its that bad. your baby is only 2months old so yes it is hard but it WILL get better and he will start sleeping longer. Maybe he's not getting enough to eat and that's why he's waking so much? have u talked to his peditrician or to a lactation consultant to get help with the BF'ing?
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010