Anyone use Straight Talk? (cell phone)

We will soon be dropping AT&T because we live in an area they dont cover and right now I'm not really ready to commit to a contract for another company. Do you use Straight Talk? What are the pros and cons? How much does a typical phone cost? Thanks for any help you can give me.

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 2:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• My son has it and he likes it. It is through Walmart. I have T-Mobile, they have a no contract plan now that is really nice. I like it better than straight talk. It depends on what you want how much it will cost you. They are the cheapest around. All you need is a T- mobile phone. You can pick one up on craigslist or you can buy brand new from them making monthly low payments and no interest. If you have one near you check them out it will save you money. They are running a special right now add a child for free. I keep seeing that commercial on TV.

Janet

Answer by Janet at 9:58 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• nope. I have never even heard of them!
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I hadnt heard of them either until two relatives (neither of whom uses it) was telling me about it. I checked online and could get only information on two of their plans. Doesnt mention phone prices, styles, availability of service...
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We use it! That's the kind through walmart, right? lol We've had it for about a month. For $45 we get unlimited talk, text, and web. For $30, I think, you get about $200 minutes - I think. I'm pretty sure that's what my cousins have been using for the last few months. The phone itself works great, too. We've not had any problems. We're actually considering getting a second for myself in a few months, so I'm not left without one when my husband goes to work at night, but we'll see. They have phones that are cheaper (around $40 or $50, I think) and then they have some more expensive options, and you just have to reload the plan once a month. There's no contract or anything. So far we love it. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's great! Do it. If you notice, the contracts are getting more and more tricky!
    Mommee42boyz

Answer by Mommee42boyz at 5:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thank you, Ladies!
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2010