What do you do when you get stir crazy?

I am home with DD today and usually this is not a problem, but she was sick yesterday. I mean up at 3am puking sick. So I still don't want to take her out as she is still recovering. I can't even seem to concentrate enough to do the housework I am going so crazy. Any advise would be great.

NHRachel

Asked by NHRachel at 2:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• put her on the couch with water and crackers like saltines or goldfish crackers. put in a movie or cartoons. get her a blanket and pillow. while u pick up or do the dishes. i wouldnt vaccum or any deep cleaning
    Ak.Sweetie

Answer by Ak.Sweetie at 2:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Write. Read. Watch a movie. Snuggle and read stories. Sew something. Make a start on some Christmas crafts or gifts. Do some canning or baking. Surf the net (stumbleupon.com is truly bizarre and awesome!) Do some science projects (that vinegar and baking soda thing never gets tired, and water in cornstarch is amazingly fun to play with for a ridiculously long time...)

Polish the silverware. Wash the windows. Sort your summer clothes for storage... Lots of things she can help you with while she has energy, quiet, sitting still stuff that doesn't take much attention, while she recuperates.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Believe me I have plenty to keep me busy. And DD is not even 2 yet and currently napping. My problem is the motivation. I have dishes in the sink and a room to try and clear for when my Grandma comes. This is not the problem. I am just going stir crazy and dying to get out of the house. I can't seem to motivate myself to do the chores especially because our washer just broke so I can't do the laundry. Any advise on what to do when you want to get out - but can't leave!
    NHRachel

Comment by NHRachel (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I clean or watch a movie, but I usualy ge to do what i want to the weeknd when my hubby is home so that hellps
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010