help to start labor.

i'm past my due date. Baby is getting big and doctor is wanting to induce me soon if I do not go into labor on my own. I had the same problem with my first born. Ended up going through induction but this is my last baby and i'd really like to experience the beginning stages of labor naturally this time. Ive heard of random things that can help start labor. But was wondering what helped you?? With my first born, I walked like crazy and tried to remain sexually active w/ husband b/c I was told it helps but it didnt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I heard that you can it spice things and having sex help also. hope it helps in somthing
    Culikgada

Answer by Culikgada at 2:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Do squats,if u can!!!! This is going to sound crazy but stuffed cheese pizza made my overdue friend go into labor!! She had her son that day!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have heard eat spicy food....drink a glass of wine....I think heavy lifting might make your water break....squats??? I don't know really this is just what i have heard...my first born my water broke my second i was induced! hope something helps!!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• eating pineapple can help soften your cervix. take a walk then a nap.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Okay...I was DETERMINED to have my son on September 1st...(there is a school cut off date and i didnt want to have to put off my son starting school a year late like my first son)...I looked up EVERYTHING online and tried many!

Cinnamon Sticks boiled in water...
    Pinneapple....
    Walking....
    Sex....(he must ejaculate in you though...the semem thins you out and can halp start labor)

I ate literally a whole pinneapple.....
    I mowed the grass.....
    I walked around 6flags for almost 8 hours!....
    Had sex untill my husband went to NY 3 days before my due date for work...
    Nothing really helped....
    THEN...I got in my pool...I went to the jet (on high power) and let it "massage" my lower back.... Then my lower stomach....Then I let it hit my upper stomach from an angle..Which pushed the baby down..Lol. None of this hurt....

I went into labor at 10PM...ON THE FIRST! Yay!

And had him early mornining on
    tiger_tatted1

Answer by tiger_tatted1 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Babies come when they want to come. You can go up to 42 weeks as long as your bp, urine, and stress tests are fine.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I took two table spoons of castro oil and went into hr both time a few hrs later
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• my last baby i took it that afternoon and had 7 the next moring first son a little longer took in the afternoon had him the following night. I was not overdue for either
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 3:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010