I cant make anyone happy, its starting to get really frustrating!

I have 2 diff groups of friend. One group is a bunch of women who's DH's work with my DH, & I really like them! the other group is two women I just happened to meet. Well 1 lady in the 2nd group hates everyone in the first group & she has been pretty bitchy & I was on the verge of cutting ties with her when she went on a 3 mo vacay while school was out. She came back so different! but everyone in the 1st group still thinks of her as a bitch who drove me nuts, but she has chilled out alot. Well there is this group trip coming up & both groups are planning on going to it, & I am going with the girl from the 2nd group & when I told my friends in the 1st group they just rolled their eyes. I would prefer to go with the girls in the first group, but I made plans with the 2nd groups first, i cant just cancel them. I feel like the 1st group loses respect for me every time I hang with the girl from the 2nd group. what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You are NOT responsible for their opinions. Just be true to yourself. Live YOUR life. You will gain more respect by setting the example. We have many friends. There are work friends, friends of friends and new people along the way. There will be problems and hard feelings along the way, but most of the time it is from jealousy and no matter what you do it is human nature that not everyone gets along. So what. So goes life. Just a warning, do not trust anyone.. This girl that everyone dislikes may not have changed as much as she "appears". Be aware of the heart and sword of a woman my friend...Don't future trip with expectatons, just have fun. Just smile and be friendly with everyone and criticize no one. Stay out of their drama and let them learn from you. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• try to get them all together so that they can see the 2nd group has really changed
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think it should not matter who your friends are. If you feel good about being in the 2nd group friend and be with her. The First Group needs to grow up. I think everyone should get a second chance before they judge someone. I have a lot of friends in different types and I treat them with kindness. Sometimes my friends are like my Family. So, you pick who you want to be your friend and not others people. Good luck on your trip.
    cajunpatsy

Answer by cajunpatsy at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i dont think you will ever get everyone to be happy at the same time, and that's okay. If you can get them all together, at a relaxed get together at your house or something, they may change their attitudes. But if the two groups dont want to get together then you just need to decide that you're going to make yourself happy by being friends with them and leave it at that. Go on the trip with the friends you've already agreed to go with. Maybe you'll all get a chance to spend time together.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 3:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Are you going back to group #1 telling them what your friend is doing and has been doing to you? If the friend from group #2 was such a bitch why did you continue being her friend? You can be friends with two different groups as long as you don't bring issues back and forth between the groups...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I agree with BradensMom1026
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010