What diet works for you?

I'm looking for a healthy way to lose weight.

mistie3480

Asked by mistie3480 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Sparkpeople.com
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Whole grains, lean meats, lots of fruit and veggies, MODERATION and exercise. That's what works for me. A diet isn't going to help you keep weight off. There is no magic bullet and in order to get healthy and stay that way you must change your lifestyle. I eat about 5 or 6 times a day, but my meals are small and healthy and I use fruit and veggies to fill me up since they are lower in calories and higher in nutrients. I indulge in my sweet tooth about once a week, and the baby weight (I gained 56 pounds on a high protein diet for my pregnancy) is melting off :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• None, apparently. Good luck!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No diet ever worked for me. Ever. I tried many a diet in my 47 years...lol

What worked for me personally (and I lost 100lbs) was a lifestyle change. I had to change my relationship with food, change the way I ate, change the types of foods I ate, change the reasons why I would eat some of the things I would eat. And had to begin living an active lifestyle ( having a regular exercise/work out plan. progressing in that plan.. and just becoming more active overall)... With these changes. I lost a significant amount of weight, and I have kept it off for over a decade.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• DASH diet
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I found that Weight Watchers is really good at teaching you to eat well, lose weight and keep it off.
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• calories in calories out. i just loosely keep in mind how many calories i'm consuming when i eat and how many i'm expending when i run or bike or got to pilates. i try to stay between 1800 and 2000. a great site to get you started is www.fitday.com
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The best diet I've found that actually works & makes me feel good is one which eliminates the white breads, pastas & white rice, junk & sweets, & focuses on lean proteins & fruits & veggies & a very limited amt. of brown rice & whole grain breads & pastas. My typical day might look like this: Breakfast: omelet made with 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites, whatever veggies I have & a small amt. of shredded cheese & rye toast snack: 1/2c. Greek yogurt mixed with honey, almonds & fruit Lunch: 4oz tuna or chicken breast, a nice big salad snack: fruit & string cheese Dinner: Spaghetti squash w/ lean ground beef & spaghetti sauce, big salad, a few servings of cooked veggie. (or 4 oz. lean protein, 1/2 c. brown rice, salad & cooked veggies)

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Wow thanks ladies! Great advice! I know my sweet tooth is going to be the hardest change... I am addicted to Soda!
    mistie3480

Comment by mistie3480 (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• wow
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 8:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2010