How a man treats his mama?

If his mom raised him and treated him a certain way he is going the person she raised which is most likely to be a miniature version of herself...if she's a control freak, he will most likley be one to...if she was disresectful he will most likely disrespect...etc, how he reats her is how she taught him to treat her by her actions because we moms knowkids don't do what you say they do what you do. so how can a man be judged on how he treats his mama, if his mom being his first woman, set the stage for all others... shouldn't we take a look at how a mother treats her son? Calling all moms with sons...CAUTION!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• How about calling all moms with CHILDREN period lol. Model what you want your children to become.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You should judge a person by how they treat their parents.. Their parents fed them. put a roof over their heads. put clothes on them and so on.... BUT yes sometimes you can look at the parents & understand where thye may be less than respectful of their parents..

Personally I would never want to be with someone who disrespects their momma. And mom "has it coming", I dont want to think of being put in that family, so again.. Ill stick to men who treat their moms like queens!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• this is why i married a mommas boy! lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We all get things from our parents. My sister and I had the exact same upbringing, but we couldn't be more different. We can only try our best to raise our children and HOPE when they become adults that they DO NOT EMBARRESS US!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 3:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was Married to a Mommas boy that did everything for him but didnt teach him anything, like respecting a woman, etc.. She did the shit for him and he expected it... Well I found out how he was too late, I had already married the idiot.... So now with my head on straight, I am married to a Man that can do everything for himself, he can do laundry, clean up after himself, takes care of his responsibilities, and it's not because his Mom didn't do it for him, it's because she TAUGHT him to do those things, because you don't need a woman to do it for you, you want a woman to share a life with you... So that's the kind of Man I have, he respects women, ALL women... Because that's what his Mom taught him, and that's what I'm teaching all 3 of our boys...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well, my DH does not have a relationship with his mom. She abandoned the family when he and his brother were very little, had two more children by someone else and abandoned those kids, too. My DH was shuttled around between relatives and eventually, foster care. He's got some issues, but generally he turned out OK and I think all the adversity has made him a stronger person. They did try to have a relationship for a little while but he could never bring himself to call her Mom or see her as a mother figure. My DH is definitely NOTHING like his mother.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There's something else to consider, too. The way a man's mother is will be how he expects his wife, if not all other women, to be. The wife will be held to the standard of his mother, even if the wife is nothing at all like the mother. For instance, if his mom has been a control freak, he will expect that his wife will be one, too, even though she may not have any control tendencies. You are absolutely right in that a woman considering a man for a husband had better take a long, hard look at his relationship with his mother.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010