does anyone make chicken soup at home for a baby who is fighting a cold and conjestion?? i made some with a bit of garlic and a touch of tumeric some chicken, frozen veg a few pasta shells a touch of salt and a bit of blk pepper. is that ok to give my 81/2 old son???

mari244

Asked by mari244 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IMO...if he likes the taste of it I'd give it to him. He's ready to start eating some table food, what better food to give him than Mom's homemade chicken soup!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think it's fine. He should be old enough.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Sounds yummy! I bet he'd love it! My grandma made some chicken soup for Lydia, and soaked a piece of cornbread in some, and let her go to town on it. She looooooved it.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I shared some cambles chuncky soup with my son at 8 months when he got suck and he was fine.
    Sammieanne

Answer by Sammieanne at 11:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I'd give that to an 8 month old (assuming of course he doesn't have any problems with any of the ingredients). You can put some of the cooked pasta, chicken and veggies on his tray and let him feed himself, and spoon feed him some broth.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008