Would you consent to your underage daughter getting married?

phoenix231

Asked by phoenix231 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• no
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• nope
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope. Even if he was a good man and could support her nope. She can wait until she's 18 and then be happy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have 3 sons and wouldn't consent to marriage before they were of legal age....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure.. I can't really say unless I was in that situation.. this is a hard one. I mean if they had been together awhile and they are both mature enough, then why not:? As long as they aren't super young.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no way in hell am a grown ass woman and i haven't understand men yet i haven't even experienced the world and finding that right one person to spur me away yes i have been in love but you know how that goes. yes it could be a good thing but not always right. when i give my daughter in marriage am just giving her up and she would never really experience life cause what she can do when she is single she an't do when she is married and i don't want her living in regrets while i know all the while how it may turn out only way is if she finds a true christian man how is rooted and grounded in the lord
    shilling

Answer by shilling at 3:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Depends....My dad almost let me get married at 17.I already had been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and we lived together. Then we decided to not get married because we wanted to move to Texas and get married in Texas....When i turned 19 he moved to Alaska and decided to stay with the hopes I would follow.I never did.. :(
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 3:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When I got married, the legal age was 21. I got married when I was 18, and my dad had to sign for it to happen. I don't know that I would recommend that everyone get married at the age I did, but ours has lasted almost 46 years. My dad approved of my husband enough to sign for me to marry him, and that knowledge is still worth a lot to me today, even though my dad has been dead for 25 years. So, I can see positives and negatives, and I would have to consider each case on its own merits. Thankfully, none of our children wanted to marry that young, so I did not have to make that decision myself.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• HELL NO

If it's meant to be then the relationship will be strong enough to wait till she is 18 and a legal adult
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think I would.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 4:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010