Do you spoil your kids?

In what ways?

I think there is a big difference between being spoiled and being spoiled rotten. My son is spoiled, but I'll never allow him to be rotten.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Very spoiled.. But not rotten..

I grew up the same way too.. I got most of what I wanted but was very thankful for everything & never "pitched a fit" for things..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Mine are 100% spoiled.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I give into him sometimes just when I don't want to hear him scream even though I know it doesn't help the situation lol. And I feel bad for him when he gets in trouble so I'm guilty of babying him a little. But he's too young for me to spoil him with material items.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• my DD is spoiled. . . but it is love. She will never be rotten !!!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 3:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My kids are all teens and I'm so glad I never spoiled them. I never gave in just because they were screaming for something and they quickly learned that it didn't work. The kids I know who were spoiled when they were little have, for the most part, grown into insufferable brats. Don't do it!!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• All my children are spoiled . They are not spoiled where I allow them to throw tantrums and fits to get their way but spoiled because I shower them with love and affection all the time...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, my kids are not spoiled although my oldest acts like a spoiled brat (she has behavior issues). I don't want them to feel entitled to everything in life. They have to work for what they get and they don't have a lot. We're still working on them actually appreciating the little they do have.
    We usually have money to give them more but we just don't. Last year for Christmas they each got 2 gifts and then we got a few gifts for the whole family (including a Wii which was a big hit). We plan to do the same this year (2 gifts each and then 1 big gift from Santa for the whole family).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No.. I want them to grow up to be loving, respectful, appreciative, humble, grateful, Men. Not entitled, insensitive, arrogant, brats...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010