Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner?

What do you make for Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner?

We have a big meal and we usually have the same things. This year I will have a brand new baby and I want to plan my meal now.

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 3:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Christamd and Thanksgiving are the same pretty much for us
    Turkey
    Mashed Potatoes and gravy
    Dinner rolls
    relish tray celery, black & green olives, sweet & dill pickle spears, baby carrots
    Candied Yams
    green bean casserole
    Scalloped Corn
    all kinds of pies and cakes
    This year though I'm renting a motel room and we are swimming and having snack foods and sandwiches
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanksgiving is at our house every year. Turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes, green beans, carrots, buns, cranberry sauce and desert( I change that up every year but will have a pumpkin pie)

Christmas is usually at my hubby's Aunts place. They always have ham and then the rest is different. They draw names and see how brings what that year. but the last couple of years due to bad weather we have had it at home. I made BBQ meatballs with rice one year, lasagna one year and last was taco's(per request of our oldest) This year we are having it at home again and not sure yet. I should figure that out soon.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanksgiving we do the traditional turkey with lots of vegetables, rolls and several different desserts (mostly pies) Christmas is more unconventional we have a huge breakfast w/ bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, eggs, coffe cake, eggnog and english muffins sometimes pancakes as well. Then for dinner we have finger foods i.e...bagel bites, veggie tray, pickles, cheese and crackers
    dmk1023

Answer by dmk1023 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I brine a turkey for thanksgiving, serve some traditional sides and try something new out. Christmas is usually lasagna or we order Chinese food. It's an odd tradition I know.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we go to mils so no cooking for me yay lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Traditional Thanksgiving menu- Christmas- Prime Rib, Ham or sometimes a stuffed Pork Loin-we switch it up and have 2 huge meals on the 24 and 25th.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010