My daughter is 28 months and she is attached to her pacifer. Help.

I am worried about this messing up her teeth.

lisa4800

Asked by lisa4800 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was hooked on it too, until one day he ripped it with his teeth and i showed him and said " Look its all foochie now, throw it in the trash". and he did and he would ask for it in the night and i would remind him that he threw it away and he wouldnt say anything. That worked for me i dunno about your daughter though.
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 11:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My cousins little girl had one til she was 3 and her teeth are seriously messed up, and has speech problems because of how their tounge is held while the pacifier is in. My kids never had them because I didnt want this happening but I would just tell ur that its hurting her teeth and that she has to get rid of it and just throw it away and deal with a few days of whining thats better than a lifetime of mouth problems cause you dont want her to cry!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My sister did a "Bye, Bye Binky" day. I thought it was a really great idea. She bought a few helium balloons and tied ALL her binkies to them. Then they made a really big deal about it while they let them go and waved "bye-bye" to them.
    Also, I saw an one of the "nanny" shows one lady that put them all into a gift bag and tied them to a tree. The binky-fairy came and took them and left her a present in the bag.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• We cut our kids' cold turkey. The screamed for about 45 minutes but never had a problem again. 45 minutes for just one night was well worth the time we saved not searching for lost pacifiers at all hours of the night :). Good luck!
    Kyragirl

Answer by Kyragirl at 1:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• will my daughter just turn 12 months and at 9 months i stop giving her pacifier i only give her when she is napping or sleeping at night and slowing take away from her.. I put in her room. If she in her room she will get it and when she wake up that will be off and be out until she goes back to sleep.
    she stop using it after a week. You should get the book pacifier for kids or from the liberty. I read that to her and i did the same thing just didn't do end part and give to someone.

mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• here is an idea. there is a certain time of the month that you can find out about in a farmers almanac or something like that.. its like a moon phase just about but when it comes to the feet of the phase its a good time to take a bottle or pacifier or stuff like that way from a child. our kid was on her paci until last feb. she will be paci free one year in feb. there are 2 days in this certain phase and let me tell ya it was the easiest thing to do!:) we told her the mouse got her deentee that what she called it!lol she whined for about 45 mins that first night and hasnt had one since!:) so good luck!:) God bless!
    kimbosmom

Answer by kimbosmom at 4:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• if you cant handle the screaming what ive seen people do is cut the end of the paci a little bit each day eventually it will just be a piece of plastic she will have no interest in... and poof its gone no screaming involved... she let go of the attachment on her own....
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 21, 2008