Any experience with bacterial folliculitis?

My son had little red dots on his hips, sides, and in his diaper area. I mad an appt with my gen'l physician but cancelled it because friends said it was just a heat rash and it would go away. It didn't. So I made a doctor's appointment. My doctor said it looked like bug bites, some kind of mite. He recommended 1% Cortison cream. So we used the Cortisone cream and then a rash appeared. We took him back and the Dr. said the new rash was a yeast infection and use Lotrimen on that but continue to use Cortisone on the original "bites." It didn't go away and we went back. Finally we saw a Dermatologist who diagnosed him with bacaterial folliculitis. Before this, he has not so much as EVER even had a diaper rash! The derm said he may always have flare ups throughout his life (like under his armpits when he becomes a teen). This one supposedly started with switching to cheap diapers for two weeks! Any experience with this or ideas?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmmm thats new....
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010