help

i am having really bad back pains..went to the doctor and i was only 2 cm..the pains have been happing for like 5-6 days now..what should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The baby has probably turned and laying on the back of your pelvis causing back pain.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• try taking a warm bath or lay with a heating pad on your back (only for about 5 mins) true contractions whether it be back labor or contractions... will not go away when you get into a shower or lay on your side. with the baby being completely dropped and in position, it causes your whole body to be our of balance which puts pressure on different parts of your body. sometimes to the point where it makes us uncomfortable.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I remember having really bad back pains at the end of my first pregnancy. My dd is now 26 years old....LOL...but my mom told me to do this and it worked!! Get on the floor on all fours, lower your head to the floor, while having your bottom sticking up. It seems to relieve some of that pressure in your back.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You can be 2 cm for a while. But your baby will probably come in the next few days. All my labor was in my lower back but my braxton hicks were in my belly area. Don't worry about it, its normal. Your body is preparing itself to push that baby out. Braxton hicks are for strengthing your uterus and the muscles your body will use in labor. It could also be early labor. If it gets to where you can't move or talk through the contractions then you are in active labor.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 12:34 AM on Oct. 17, 2008