Does your child have headaches?

phoenix231

Asked by phoenix231 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• My oldest says she does sometimes.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When my son was in elementary school, he would get migraines if he got a little dehydrated. We learned to keep an eye out for the signs and to make sure he drank a lot of liquids, especially if he was playing a lot or if it was hot outside. Now he's a teen and has outgrown it, thank God.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Our oldest (14) gets a bad headache about every 2 weeks. I have to remind him to eat, and drink plenty of water. It's been going on for a few yrs now and the Dr said just to keep an eye on him.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My child does get headaches. The nurse at school told him that he needed to drink more water. His sight is fine and there doesn't sem to be any other cause so thats what he does is drink water.
    dmk1023

Answer by dmk1023 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Both my kids get headaches.....sometimes they turn into migranes. Never notice a pattern to them before, but after reading previous comments I will be watching to see if it has to do with lack of water....
    NicEnno

Answer by NicEnno at 3:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My oldest used to get headaches when he was fairly small. They got a lot better once he started on allergy meds and got glasses.

My youngest is 5 and gets a lot of headaches. Some of them are from a daily medication that he needs (gotta love side effects.) Some of them are much worse and you can see it on his face before he even says something. It's fairly heartbreaking. He has a Chiari 1 malformation, but the doctor said it doesn't seem to be bad enough to cause the headaches. Maybe it's time for allergy meds for this one too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I use to get headaches as a child. My mother was told then that it was from wearing my hair in a ponytail and it being so long and heavy ( i have very thick, curly hair)
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 8:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010