Advice needed, he may have another kid

My SO just found out that he maybe the father of a little boy , he got a letter in the mail saying that he had to go for DNA testing today and next week to court to find everything out, ok the baby was born on1/6/08 so he is 6 months old, so this all happened way before we where seeing each other, so the baby is in PA and we live in GA is is up there now for all these. I have my little girl which is not his but she calls him daddy and he say she is his blood or not and no matter what. So i just need a litle help with all this cause he is not really talking about it, he says he does not even remeber the girl. Any one have any advice for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I have been in a similar situation and the answer is just Love him and let things continue to be great between you two. Having another child around every other weekend and on holidays can be kinda cool. I knjow it is hard to swallow when you find out but remember you have what sounds like a great man and a great father. All children deserve that chance and pray hard on it. Hope this helps and God bless
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• hopefully he will take the test, and all you can do is be there for him. it's not like he was planning this either. so just be his support.
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 4:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'd wait until the DNA test comes back. There isn't much you can do if it happened before you two were together. It doesn't sound like he is going to get up with her or anything so your relationship with him sounds like it is ok. The only thing I can see is that he'd have to pay child support. Maybe she'll find some nice man who wants to be a father to her child like your guy is doing with your dd and there won't be any major problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• he has to take the test. just reassure him, no matter what it says, you still love him and you can handle it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 1:43 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• *****UpDate******

He went in for the test to yeasterday and he talked to the girl she said she is not sure what she wants right now beside knowing who the father of her baby is, he said there where 2 other guys ther also to be tested for her, one guy said he was with her in late march, the other in early april and my SO was with her in late April so they all have a chance of being the father but it seems like mySO has less of a chance casue the baby was born early in the month, but i dont know all the facts. They find out on July 9th who the father is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Jul. 2, 2008