Does Post Partum Depression Curable.. will i ever be "normal"again?

I have been suffering from PPD and PPA after the birth of my daughter 15 months ago. i am pregnant with my second 33 weeks and fell depressed and anxious. life has no meaning any more and i am just living like a robot with no feelings or motivation to do or be with anyone. i really hope it all comes down to hormones.. i feel hopeless and helpless. i just want to know ti there is light at the end of the tunnel and how long does it take to get "cured" help

abbinoor

Asked by abbinoor at 3:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• You need to talk to you Dr/OB/Midwife about it. Yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel but you need to talk to them to see what they suggest for you to do. Could be counseling or medication.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Post partum only means "just had a baby", its not different from regular depression.

Also, it's not just hormones...the birth of a child is a pretty stressful event. Some people cope better than others. You'll be
    'cured" when you develop better coping skills, which is why people often find therapy useful.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• YES! I also found myself getting depressed after each of my children... and with my fourth one I felt it coming on BEFORE the baby was born! I was terrified of getting completely overwhelmed and depressed! My "solution" was to make plans to be around other moms. Don't ever have more than a day or two "alone" with the kiddo's. Even beyond the Daddy... I needed to have a sister, a friend, a mom, a cousin, an auntie... SOMEONE, to either go to the park with, or a cup of coffee or tea, or shopping... something with someone else to keep my spirits up. I found that if I didn't, I would sink deeper into depression. And you DO get over it. My youngest is now 27 months and I am doing just fine. I still have a coffee date with a dear friend once a week, and I work one day a week, and that gets me some much needed mommy time, even if the coffee date involves my son. GOOD LUCK!
    ThePieLady

Answer by ThePieLady at 3:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i wouldnt say im depressed about having the baby i think im more depressed at the fact that i dont do anything any more. would that constitute as PPD? i dont even know i mean i dont act depressed around the baby or anything i play with him and enjoy him when hes awake but from time to time when my SO is out and about on a nice day i get upset cause i would love to be out enjoyin myself also at only 24 i feel the urg to say the hell with this mommy crap. i once told my sister that i wish i could split mysellf in half and allow the single 24 yr old to go out and enjoy herself and leave the mommy part of me home but in actuality its not possible nor fair. the only remidee ppl tell me is to go take a walk go out..my thoughts to that goes as follows what i really want to do isnt something mom and baby should be doing together nor would i feel comfortable coming home to him after a night on the town. ugh talk about being stuck.
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 4:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• although i love him with my whole heart and soul i dont think i was quite ready to take on the fact of not being free to go and come as i please or do anything i want with out consious thought of it being wrong cause i would have anyone or anything to worry about but myself.
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 4:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That is normal. Some women have PPD for two years. I would recommend seeing a counselor and possibly meds. You also need to have something that is just yours, not hubby's, not your baby's. YOURS. You need to find something that you can do on your own that makes you feel better about yourself.

For me, it was exercise. It gave me "me time" and helped me to feel better about myself. Everyone is different in their needs. Find what suits you.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 2:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2010