Sisters?

My dds r soon 2 b 6 & 9 & it seems like spend more x fighting than they do being sisters! I know they love ea. other bc when 1 gets hurt or is upset, the other 1 comes running. But how can I help them 2 realize that they'll b sisters 4ever & that they should start acting like it?

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• I am the youngest of six, four of which were girls. There will always be a degree cattiness between sisters, but there also exists a bond so strong that not one thing can penetrate it. As they grow older and they run into "life", they will start to turn to each other and bond in that way. Life's tribulations, sorrows and even the joyous moments will help to cement that bond. Don't worry, I remember my older sisters were horrible to each other at times, but as we grew older, we also grew closer. Enjoy your little girls!

hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 12:23 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It's just an age thing. They will get closer as they get older.
    Anonymous

• My sister and I are about 2 1/2 years apart and if we had been able to, we would have KILLED each other growing up. I remember her choking me on the bus and I remember shoving her head into a snow bank. I remember writing on the walls and then telling my dad she did it. I remember her eating all the cookies and then leaving the bag under my bed. We were terrible. But now, we are as close as ever. Our oldest sister, 6 years my senior, and the two of us younger girls (I am the youngest) can actually feel each other now. I know when one is sad or hurt, even though we are miles upon miles apart. It is just a natural part of life. They will fight, but then they will laugh and then when the younger one starts dating and dealing with that sort of the thing, the older one will be there to hold her hand and fix her makeup.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Sometimes I think that them fighting is in a way teaching them how to get along later. It is helping them to learn where each others boundaries are. Just keep reminding them how important sisters are and how someday they need to take care of each other, and that forgiveness is soooo very important. My sisters will always be my best friends. I know that they would never say or do anything to hurt me and I remind my daughters about this everyday.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:02 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• they just have to grow up.. my sister and i are 22 and 23 now and only in the last 3 or 4 years have we Acutally started getting along.. we actually miss each other now that we live hours away..but we Constantly fought when we were younger
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:43 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• also when we were younger, if someone messed w the other, we were there for each other..its a sister thing..i remember beating up this little girl for simply hugging my sister (i thought she was hurting her) when we were younger..it got my mom kicked out of the gym..we did have our 'best friend' times..that would only last for a few days
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:46 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• That's the way ANY siblings are. My brother and I are 18 months apart. I'm older, and we would always give each other hell. We still do sometimes and we are 20 and 19. But don't let somebody mess with us, the other one is right on that person's ass. :) It's wonderful. So you just gotta deal with the bickering and fighting as best as you can, and remember that they will always love each other, even when they are pulling Sissies barbie head off. :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008