Can you live without your cell phone?

Remember when cell phones were for dr's and lawyer's? Well for one week my family gave up their cell phones...My 18 y/o dd wentthrough withdrawls for the first two days then remebered their is a house phone. My 14 & 13y/o boys didn't care because i didn't say no video games and they only talk on the phone when they play video games to the people they are playing with but to DH and i it was like a vacation, no forgetting to charge the phone, no signalloss when you really need the phone, no unnecessary txt and talking and most of all no annoying ringtones...btw we use our phones for work and didn't miss a beat. RESULT...DH and I gave up our celly's, the boys still chat while gaming but my 18 y/o talks more than ever, says sh's making up for lost time...she also said it was..."interesting" but she'll move out before she does that again...hmmmm?lol how about you mom's, can you "live" w/o it?

MomInc

Asked by MomInc at 3:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• My cell phone used to be a third arm to me -especially when I got an iPhone. I couldn't live without it, and I used it for EVERYTHING. Then DH lost his job and we we weren't able to pay for them anymore. I ended up getting a junky prepaid cell phone that I only use when I absolutely have to make calls (we don't have a house phone). DH no longer has a phone at all. At first, I was practically having panic attacks, but now I have to admit it's kind of freeing. I went away for a weekend with my sister and it was nice to know that someone could call me in an emergency, but DH wasn't texting me every two seconds and making me worry about how he/the kids were doing!!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont have a cell phone...so yes lol. But I would like to get one for emergency purposes.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I could definitely live without it. I only use it for talking, I hardly ever text. I can go a couple of days at a time and not even use it. I really only have it so dh and the parents of the kids I babysit can get a hold of me. We do not have a house phone.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• sure, i hardly use mine. my husband sends an insane amount of texts and i know he would be missing it! i use it mostly to take pictures of the kids lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes I can live without mine. I hate the stupid thing! lol. I only have it in case I need my husband for some reason when I am out. I don't hardly ever talk on it, I will text, but that is it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL sorry but no way!! i have a hard time when i forget it at home. i go back for it. it's the only way of people getting in touch with me or me with them.
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope, it s my main phone. I don't have a landline and it's great to use if you're out someone where else and their is an emergency. I don't text or use the internet on it. I just use it to place calls.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no cause i dont have a house phone
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We do not have a house phone. I don't use it very often though. I call my mom mostly and my best friend, but other than that I don't use it very much. I could get rid of it and be okay. If only I didn't need it in case of an emergency at my son's school or in general.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had a cell phone in 1976 when people didn't know what they were. I was a medical technologist at the Indiana University health center and I was on call in the evenings and at night. The phone was huge and made my purse a lethal weapon. I could only go about 2 miles away.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010