Favorite verse or quote?

What is your favorite verse from your religious text? For those without religious texts, what is your favorite religious, spiritual or inspirational verse or quote?

Paix

Asked by Paix at 4:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an atheist, but I love quotes!

"Doors of opportunity are marked "PUSH." (I don't know who said this.)

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” -Jiddu Krishnamurti

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." -David Brinkley

Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I like those :)
    Paix

Comment by Paix (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am an atheist and my favorite spiritual quote comes from Thomas Jefferson

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."
    aidansmommy961

Answer by aidansmommy961 at 4:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I like that one a lot aidansmommy

Paix

Comment by Paix (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• [28] Have you not known? Have you not heard?
    The LORD is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
    He does not faint or grow weary;
    his understanding is unsearchable.
    [29] He gives power to the faint,
    and to him who has no might he increases strength.
    [30] Even youths shall faint and be weary,
    and young men shall fall exhausted;
    [31] but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
    they shall run and not be weary;
    they shall walk and not faint.
    (Isaiah 40:28-31 ESV)
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• "Why does it have to be human or divine. Maybe human is divine." Thats from the movie, The DaVinci Code

Work hard, laugh often...Ive said it for years dont know if I made it up or heard it somewhere during my jr high days(when I started saying it).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Isaiah 40:31 was always one I liked, gal.

I liked the Da Vinci code book, haven't seen the movie. I like that quote though, thanks Amaranth :)

Paix

Comment by Paix (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• ''VANITY, its my favorite sin.''--al pacino in 'the devil's advocate'....eh, i know its not religious-in-nature, but then again, it kinda is.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• In a culture of honor, you learn to celebrate who a person is without stumbling over who they are not." ~Danny Silk

A pure heart can HONOUR, even before it's due: but unconquered personal pain, struggles to HONOUR, even when overdue!~ Brian Houston from Hillsong

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor; Rom 12:10 NASB

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,The holy dwelling places of the Most High. Ps 46:4

'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
    12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.13'You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• oops hit enter too soon I was also going to say I enjoy Is 35, Psalms 24, 27, 118 as well !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010