y is she waking every 2 hours!!!

my DD is 7 months old today! she goes to bed at 8pm drinks a 6oz bottle of bm then rolls over and goes to bed and then up at 10pm for another 6oz bottle and diaper change, up at midnight for bottle and diaper change, up at 2 for bottle diaper change, up at 4 for bottle and diaper change, then . . . .sleeps until 8! she is teething and has been forever her teeth are coming in like back to back there is never a break! we have night time oral gel and teething tablet which are great we give her one every time she wakes up it seems to help.she sleeps with a fan and music box on. we've tried bottles of water to see if she just needs to suck on something, didnt work. we did rice that didnt work. we have tried not feeding her and rocking her back to sleep, haha that didnt work. just letting her cry doesnt work. we waited 20 min one time she was still screaming. ive tried giving her 7oz and she doesnt drink it all so its not that.HELP

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was the same way - finally at 8 months I brought him to the DR because he literally was waking every hour on the hour for 30 minutes at a time- seriously.. neither of us slept for 3 days and I couldn't do it anymore -I did CIO - he's never been a great sleeper but he's almost 3 and still wakes some nights 2-6 times depending on whats going on - I think some are blessed with sleepers and some arent...BTW - cry it out did work for us, for 8 months he slept straight all night from night to morning after the first 3 days of course - Its not for all but it worked for us.. for a while..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i just cant listen to her scream like that! its like someone is hurting her! my hubby had to pretty much hold me in bed so i wouldnt get her! i started crying cuz i felt so bad!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Believe me, I TOTALLY understand and have spent many nights crying myself outside his door holding my heart because it was breaking.. I was at MY breaking point too and all I was told over and over by 3 Diff. peds was that this wasn't going to go away and he was forming a habit and as a sleep deprived mother of an already colicky child, I couldn't bare the thought - I HAD to do it - but I seriously don't blame you for not being able to - now I can't let my son cry for any length of time if I can avoid it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Are you exclusively pumping? 6oz of BM every two hours is a LOT... it's common for them to wake that often at this age, but that's just an insane amount of BM. My first did the same thing and he would just nurse back to sleep... does she sleep with you?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 4:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe the bottles have a lot of foremilk and not enough hindmilk in them? I don't know. She could be growing I know that they eat a ton when they're growing. Or has this been going on for a little while? I didn't do CIO with my older son or this new baby either because like you it just hurts me way too much to even consider it. Not that I'm any better then anyone else but it just really doesn't work for me at all. I instead just powered through the frequent night wakings and catch sleep any moment I can as of right now my older son is an excellent sleeper and has been since he was about ten months old. All night from 7:30 or 8:00 until 7:30 or 8:00 the next morning. If you're a SAHM you may just have to keep working through it and catch sleep any time you can, she won't be like this forever.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 5:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It would be normal for a baby to breastfeed that much so I guess it would be normal for a baby to want bottles of human milk that much. We don't know all that much about human milk bottle feeding since women have only been doing it a few years. Have you tried breastfeeding. Sometimes older babies will breastfeed. Mothers have adopted older babies and breastfed. I'm not knocking you. I think pumping and bottle feeding is way too much work when brestfeeding is so easy and better for baby and mom.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• my dd was up every 2 hours for the first 10.5 months only drinking 2oz each time, then i did cio and it worked for the most part. she would still be up a couple times a night, just not every 2 hrs. she turned 3 in june and only in the last couple months has she begun to sleep all the way though. and even then i dont think she does, i think she just keeps quiet when she wakes up now. no baby is the same and one thing that works for some mums wont work for others. it was hard to let her cio, but i was going crazy not getting any sleep. good luck and hopefully you will both have a good nights sleep soon
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• to Gailll- i tried breast feeding for a month she wouldnt latch on and we saw ever specialist out there! so they said just pump and bottle and yeah its alot of work but its wat i have to do if i want her to get the milk. and personally love bottle feeding her my bm. my hubby and i can switch shifts so i can sleep. if i was nursing i would be the only one getting up! it works best for us and at least she isnt getting formula!!
    to gigantaursmommy- yes its a lot of bm but she is only getting 24-32 oz of milk a day it depends if she needs one for a nap! but yes in that short time frame it is alot i asked the doc about it and she said she is growing but seriously can she grow for 2 months straight???
    i was just asking for tips we can live with and just hope she starts sleeping all night soon!!
    Caroline2010

Comment by Caroline2010 (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010