Would you continue to breastfeed if you found out you were pregnant again? Why or why not?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes, is the way nature intended. theirs only a few reason to stop. like preterm labor. i would continue to nurse if pregnant and also i would tandem nurse
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, just cause I was pregnant doesn't mean that my child is no longer hungry. I would nurse them until they weaned. If that means that I am nursing 2 children at different ages, so be it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Breastfeeding in no way affects the health of the fetus you are carrying... Yes, I did nurse while pregnant. I would have tandem nursed as well if my circumstances had been different. My body would have easily provided for both of my children.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes I would continue. I wouldn't take away breast from my son if he still wanted it, regardless of being pregnant or not.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 4:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i still have a couple months before i wean and if i get pregnant before then i wouldn't just stop. why? there is not medical reason for you to stop if you get pregnant.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I got pregnant when my middle child was 9 months, I nursed him for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. I quit because he was no longer satisfied and was biting and hitting me because he was frustrated because my milk was drying up.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no because i dont want to breastfeed both at the same time and for the heath of the 2nd baby
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No I wouldn't. Just think it would seem a little wierd.
    Tonynmandy

Answer by Tonynmandy at 4:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, I would not only continue through pregnancy, but, after the baby is born too.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would try. Most babies will self-wean if your pregnant anyway.
    KylersMom8-16-7

Answer by KylersMom8-16-7 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010