Do you think reporters should be allowed in the locker room?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Jets-looking-to-address-alleged-harassment-of-fe?urn=nfl-269361

Niki_sd

Asked by Niki_sd at 4:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NO!!!! They should wait outside!!! There would not be any problems then!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:27 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• NO
    People need privacy! It will also avoid issues just like what's going on in that article.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think reporters of the opposite sex should be let into a locker room. We wouldn't allow male reporters around a bunch of half- naked female athletes, why should female reporters be around a bunch of half- naked male athletes.
    Tenacious1

Answer by Tenacious1 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Personally I don't think any reporters (male or female) should go into the locker rooms. People are in there to change and decompress after a game, not the time to have a reporter around.

As a woman, I would not want a male reporter in the room while I am changing. I think it is a double standard allow female reporters in the locker room while men are showering and changing. Really, I don't think anyone extra needs to be in there. If you are not showering or changing yourself, then get out.... IMO. No need for extra people to be lingering around a locker room period.

If they must have this "locker room" interview, then there should be a special place set aside for it in an office or side room.
    Niki_sd

Comment by Niki_sd (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I agree with you. I don't think ANY reporters should go into a locker room... would I want to be interviewed in the bathroom?! Same thing to me.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They shouldn't be allowed in the locker room. That's the time to blow off steam, etc when you've had a bad game. Not the time you want somebody shoving a mic in your face asking how you feel about a bad call. Defianately shouldn't have opposite sexes in the locker room. I'd sure hate to have some strange man come in my bathroom and interview me when I'm changing.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:09 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• NOBODY should go in the locker room. It makes bad TV and bad audio and puts the broadcaster in the position of possible FCC violations.

And I am a TV and radio news producer. Nope. Locker room interviews add NOTHING. They're like nighttime live shots in front of empty buildings. Stupid.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:48 PM on Sep. 15, 2010