How did your credit get ruined?

if you have bad credit...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• DH lost his job and we missed payments on our house and are going to have to go through forbearance. - That'll do it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My SSN was stolen by an illegal and she killed my credit by 250 points and she got away with it pretty much. They just deported her but she came right back (she lived in our neighborhood) I'm still fighting till this day (3 years later) to fix my credit and get things taken off that she put on
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well i have none b/c no one will give me a CC or a loan since i have no history. lol kinda funny! my hubby's is shot cuz his ex wife max out all the CC and withdrew all the money in their bank account even the ones she was not on! in the state of KS it is legal for ur spouse to withdraw money from accounts they are not on. and after all that she filed for divorce on christmas eve and ran! she was a lovely lady. . . not! now a year after we filed for BR. we have enough cash to buy what we need and then some we will never have CC again! if we dont have the cash we dont buy! we still have 10 thousand dollars to save before we can buy a house! so hopefully next summer we will be in a house! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Divorce, lol. But, since then I have slowly rebuilt. So, it is back to being really good again.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• my ex did mine in. he was cheating on me and used my credit card to buy gas every 2 days so he could take her out of town where no one knew the three of us. im in the process of taking him to small claims court to get back at least some of it, then hopefully be able to fix my credit a little bit.
    katiliffe1982

Answer by katiliffe1982 at 6:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's not ruined yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. We just stopped borrowing money- and part of your credit report is based on opening new accounts, and payment history. And types of accounts opened, and length that they've been opened. We stopped opening accounts, and stopped borrowing money- and started closing accounts. Mine hasn't fallen yet since we still have one debt left to pay off- but I'm sure it will be plummeting soon.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I bought a car, within two months, it was totaled thanx to a drunk driver, got the insurance money , but lost a thousand dollars because of redbook value (which was how the insurance covered it) I was 8 months pregnant at the time of accident, I bought a car from another dealership with the insurance money, found out it was a stolen car that I bought (didn't find out until 6 months later).
    So DD was 3 months I was back to work, SO just got laid off, and of course, that's when I found out my car was stolen, so we lost our vehicle, which cost me my job, and yup, new baby, just lost car, and both our jobs..

obviously I'm working on fixing the credit issue, I work now, for my parents to cover general costs, but gonna take a bit to work off that debt.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2010