Which pet do you give up ? HOw do you choose?

We are having to go from our home we 'purchased' back to rentals and will need to narrow down our pets. We have 3 cats and a dog and parting with any of them breaks my heart!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pets

• Maybe a relative or friend could take a couple for you so you could still see them. Pets are family. I feel the same way.
    brooklynsmom40

Answer by brooklynsmom40 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I have No Doubt that giving up Any of your animals is Breaking your Heart- i am sorry that you are having to make this kind of decision- The only thing i can think of is maybe a Family Member or a Close Friend would be willing to take one; that way you could still be in their life- Wishing you Lots of Luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh man, I am so sorry you have to make that decision.. only you and your family can make that call -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would chose the one most likely to get a good home and let that one go. I would keep any that I didn't think would get placed well. Good luck!
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 4:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm so sorry. When we found out my grandson was allergic to cats we had to give back our cats. They were from rescues, 2 we had adopted and 2 fosters. I really, really liked one and I cried for 2 days and made myself sick. Our cats have new homes, they can't find homes for our special needs dwarf kitty fosters. They are in another foster home.

It's so hard.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• awwwww...hope your choice turns out good. i would definetly keep the dog though, dogs are loyal and if you treat yours like a child then definetly keep the dog for sure
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I love dogs so I would say the cats had to go. But I would think you would go with the pet that needs the least maintenance so which ever you give up I pray they go to a good home.. Good Luck!!
    Sexiimamiof2

Answer by Sexiimamiof2 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't part with any of them. FInd a place that will allow you to bring them all.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you can find a place that allows them..

but most places will accept cats over dogs so long as they are fixed.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we had to give our greatdane away a month ago .. it was huge and we couldent afford feeding her.. just decide based on cost and which pet you could find a better home for
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 9:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2010