i think i have a kidney infection can someone help plz!!

ok so i think i have a kidney infection because i have had pain where my kidneys are and it just have been getting worse it was only on one side now its on both i dont have insurance right now so i just thought i would ask first. has anyone ever have this problem? is there anything i can do to help the pain? and can you tell me if this sounds like an infection? b/c i dont want to go to the doctors if i dont really NEED to. how do you know if you really have one? thank you for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• if you think you have a problem with your kidneys you need to go to the doctors.
    chagenue

Answer by chagenue at 12:12 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You can go to the ER if it gets bad. If it's an infection then you will need antibiotics. It's probably a bladder infection but it can travel up into your kidneys and then it's a whole other issue when that happens and the results are not pretty.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• WikiAnswers - How do you know if you have a kidney infection

Health question: How do you know if you have a kidney infection? I think burning sensation after urination, some itchy sensation, foul-smelling or cloudy ...
    wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_you_have_a_kidney_infection
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I won't say see a dr, like most mom's will say, I"m sure you realize that, and because of $ that's not an option right now. I have suffered many kidney infections and kidney stones!! I"ll give you some advice that you can do now and hopefully avoid the dr or ER. DRINK TONS OF WATER, JUST KEEP DRINKING IT...DRINK UNTIL YOU FEEL YOU HAVE TO PEE, THEN PEE AND DRINK SOME MORE. This should help the pain. If it doesn't you do need to go to the ER or DR. THEN...once the pain has eased some, drink cranberry juice several times through the day. Continue to drink alot of water for the next couple of days. This has worked for me when I felt one coming on.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 17, 2008