Does anyone have a (different) recipe for macaroni salad?

Hi Ladies. Friday for the 4th, I'm hosting a small get together and I wanted to make macaroni salad, but I'm sick of the old traditional recipe. Does anyone have anything different? Thanks in advance!!

stajva

Asked by stajva at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Simple macaroni salad

• 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
    • 2 red bell peppers, chopped
    • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
    • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
    • 1 stalk celery, chopped (optional)
    • 1 tablespoon olive oil
    • 1 cup mayonnaise
    • 1 packet dry vegetable soup mix
    1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Transfer noodles to a large bowl.
    2. Stir in red bell peppers, green bell peppers, green onions, celery and olive oil. Mix in mayonnaise and soup mix. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Mac salad

• 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked elbow macaroni
    • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
    • 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    • 1 teaspoon sugar
    • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
    • 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
    • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
    1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold running water.
    2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, green onions and jalapeno peppers. Stir in the macaroni. Refrigerate until chilled before serving, at least 30 minutes
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• It would be helpful to know what you normally do to make the salad... Here mac salad is made with noodles, mayo, onions, peas and tuna....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 2:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• 1lb box of macaroni
    one diced cucumber
    one diced tomato
    6 hard boiled eggs, diced
    1 head of lettuce or 1 package of fresh spinach leaves

mayonnaise based dressing in separate container
    Aradae

Answer by Aradae at 5:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'll answer only if we're invited!
    NYGirly

Answer by NYGirly at 10:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yes
    maccaroni preferable if it is small in size
    cucummber pickels cut into samll cubes
    onions cubed
    chedder cheese cubed
    mayo & salt and pepper
    fire

Answer by fire at 2:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• holy cow..I didn't know there were so many versions of mac salad. My entire family loves mine but it happened by accident the first time. I was going to make tuna salad so I had boiled and chopped eggs, celery, onions, pickles and then ooops no tuna. I had a 16 oz package of the salad macaroni...looks like little short straight beads. Cooked that as directed....added all the stuff I'd chopped. Then added between 2-3 serving spoons of mayo(really just enough to moisten it). Salt and peppere to taste. Then I stir in 1-2 tsp of dill. The key though..is making it the day before and leaving it to sit and blend flavors overnight.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2008