are these signs of labor...I'm only 34 week's

Last sunday i went into preterm labor and was give 2 shots of terb and 2 shots to help my little girl's lung's...But the past 4 day's i've had some problems with ALOT of BH pressure on my cervix a restless feeling that's worse then ever i'm 1cm dilated and 75% effaced already.....i feel in my gut that this baby is coming soon...

Please tell me some more signs of labor and explane to me what happens if i become 100% effaced

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You want to make it to 36 weeks. Before that your baby will probably go to the NICU. If you go into labor before 36 weeks, go to a good hospital with OB and the NICU on the same floor. Some hospitals don't have NICUs and transfer infants. Some hospitals have the NICU far from OB. You can go to a different hospital, just make sure about your insurance.

Effaced means thinned out and isn't as important as dilated. Some people walk around dilated to 3 cm for weeks. The doctor and hospital should have given you written instructions of when to call and when to return to the hospital. Seeing the mucous plug, water breaking, diarrhea, and vomitting are some other things to watch for.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• (HUGS) i agree with gailll that you could be 100% effaced and a few cm dilated for a few weeks. keep in touch with your midwife or your OB about what you are feeling. everyday counts at this point! each day you stay pregnant will help your baby!
    my baby was born suddenly and unexpectedly at 33 weeks. he didn't have a steroid shot. he was in the hospital for 26 days. i agree about making sure that you know of a hospital with a NICU because where i was when i went into labor, there was no nicu and i had to be transferred via ambulance during transition. worse would be for the baby to be transferred after birth, and therefore for the 2 of you to be separated even more.
    since you have an inkling that baby *might* come early, read up on what to expect in the NICU, now to successfully pump while your baby is in the NICU, signs that a baby is ready to BF, at 34 weeks, your baby might be able to BF ! :)

Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• mostly i would just relax as much as possible and think thoughts like *my baby will stay put for the next 4 weeks*
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I completely understand what you are going through!! I just went through all of this just a few days ago and am now on bed rest. I am only 31 weeks but feel anxious just like you with the feeling of knowing she is going to come early. I wish you and your baby the best of luck and if you need to talk please feel free to email me. It is nice to know someone else is going through exactly what Im going through!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My son was born at 35 weeks and was perfectly fine and even came home with me when I left the hospital. Every baby is different but from my expierence my son was perfect. He even weighed 6lbs 13oz
    DeegansMomma08

Answer by DeegansMomma08 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010