How many have taken anything?

How many have gone medicated or natural when in labor?Im not due yet,still have a little bit.But was curious.I'd also like to know the diff. pains any of you did have.I honestly want to try to go natural.Just long as its not unbearable.My mom went natural when she had my brother,and also with me.Seems to think I could too.I hope so.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would suggest attending birthing classes. There are breathing techniques and focusing meditation for natural births to help ease pain. I think it would be helpful for you.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:20 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I had an epidural with my first and it did nothing for me besides numb my legs I felt the labor and all of it they didnt even give me it till i was 8 cm anyway and then i had relief for maybe an hour and then right back to all the pain and then couldnt feel my legs for 2 days and couldnt walk but with my last two i did it totally natural and yea it hurts but its always bearable women have been doing it for years and years lol I would definatly suggest natural because you are not drugged and out of it nor is the baby and you can get up right after and shower and do whatever and you just feel sooooo much better!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• With my first one I tried to go natural, but she was a very big baby, and was face up (back of head against spine, ow!) so sometimes I was in so much pain I couldn't even tell when contractions were coming. I finally broke down and had an epidural, it was so horrible. With my second the labor was normal and I thought very bearable. It went very quickly, but unfortunately at the last minute I needed and emergency c-section because she was breech. If she wasn't breech I would have had her on my way there it was so fast. With my third, I had an epidural because I did not dilate and the OB thought it might relax my body and help (it didn't, another c-section).
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:37 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The pain of birth atleast for me was something like no other. When she was born I felt rewarded! It sort of feel's, in my opinion, like an electric charge that start's inside below your breat's and when the pain become's extremely overwhelming it shoot's down through your uterus. Wow, lol this is just what I felt. With my first daughter I had the epidural and with my second the dr.'s didn't have time. It was a painful but such a rewarding experience. If I decide on another I would prob go natural again..
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• No birthing classes, 3 epidurals
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I only have the epidural. I hold my breath when I am in pain and it is an involuntary reflex so, I can't just stop so, for the safety of us both I get the epidural. It numbs the pain and the doctor turns it off as soon as I am ready to push so, I can push more effectively and I don't have to wait for it to wear off when the baby is born.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:21 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I had an epidural with all my kids but one and that was because I went into labor so fast there was no time. It wasn't that bad and I felt a lot better afterwards.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I was super gung-ho to go all natural, and thought I was tough shit and could bear the pain,"'how bad could it really be?!" etc.....25 hours later with the WORST most unimaginable pain of my life I broke down and had a dose of Stadol (like pounding about six margaritas to the dome!) it relaxed me, but I still felt every pain, not worth it really....I didn't have an epidural, the thought of drugs in the spine scares the shit out of me..... uh.... good luck. Like most who want to go natural, try for a long as you can, you'll probably be close to having it be over by the time you decide you want some drugs, then you're finished, baby in arms, it's over - good luck!

yeah, I took all the classes too - they were fun classes, though all info was out the window when it came down to it, I was a wreck! sheesh
    Tirzah6

Answer by Tirzah6 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i went in the hospital not wantin any drugs but the pain got intense and i needed something. i asked for pain meds and they suggested a dirivetive of benadryl. i had easy labor but that worked fine. just no if u need it, its there.
    MomWeb

Answer by MomWeb at 9:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2008