What do you think about Obamanomics? Would you call it Accurate Calculations or Fuzzy Math?

[AP] When a government report found that President Barack Obama's health overhaul would modestly raise the nation's total health care tab, the White House responded with a statistic suggesting costs would go down.

The head of the nonpartisan economic unit at Medicare that produced the original cost report says the White House number "does not provide a meaningful or accurate indication" of the effect of the health care law.

"The amounts quoted in the White House blog are not meaningful and cannot be used to calculate the change in health expenditures per insured person," Richard Foster, Medicare's chief actuary, told The Associated Press.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• AP Fact Check Full Article

Do you think our nation deserves better than "apples-to-oranges miscomparisons"??

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have to go with fuzzy math, more accurately called lies.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, we do! Isn't 2 + 2 still 4? Don't we still teach basic math to our children? And then don't we use those math skills in our everyday life? I do, and I would imagine that most of us do. So, when the admin starts waffling and hemming and hawing about what this or that bill will really cost us, and the CBO reports are kept under wraps until AFTER it is put into law, I feel that we the people are being lied to. Using fuzzy math to justify a bill that is abundantly unpopular is unethical, to say the least. We know better, and we deserve better. I would have more respect for the man if he would stop talking out of both sides of his mouth, and just tell the truth!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ohhh my, the Obama Administration LIE to get their costly agenda passed??? How many answers till you think we start getting the cop out answers of "it's been done before"... It's far easier to make it the status quo than it is to demand TRUE responsibility and accountability.

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• have a nice day

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Fuzzy Math (at best).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'd call it New Math - like when they changed it when we were in school in the 60s ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• TRANSPARENTLY FUZZY! NEW WORLD ORDER MATH / Do as WE say and not as WE do... Oh and NO questions allowed...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Reagan had trickle down prosperity.

Obama has trickle up poverty.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 14, 2010