How do I get my son...... adult content

to keep his hands out of his pants? He is always playing, touching, scratching his penis. I tell him its okay to play and explore it, but not in public. And yet he can't keep to keep his hands off it. He's 5 btw.

SarahNKnapp

Asked by SarahNKnapp at 4:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Make sure he doesn't have a rash or something and then when he does that, tell him he has to be in his room. Tell him it's private and that nobody wants to see it. Also make sure he washes his hands after. That right there is a deterrent. Tell him nobody wants him to touch them with his penis germy hands.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• You need to be firm. Call his name sharply and tell him "I have told you not to touch your privates in front of others. If you do it again you will get a time out"..then follow through. HJe is plenty old enough to be learning about appropriate and inappropriate behaviors.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well I would give him "The Look" and tell him whose boss around here and what the bosses rules are
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 5:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Give warnings. Tell him its okay to do it in privacy. Is he itchy or something?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I would start discipling him if you have given him several warnings
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010