My 6 mth old has a diaper rash, whats the best way to treat this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not sure my girls never had it sorry.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I find Desitin works the best.. and change her often! good luck!
    jenniFour

Answer by jenniFour at 5:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There are different causes and you treat them differently. If you go to google images you may be able to find a picture that looks like your baby's rash.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm a fan of Angel Baby Bottom Butter, but I'm not sure where you could get it locally... I order mine through MotherNature.com but the site has a store finder so maybe you can find it that way...

http://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/angel-baby-bottom-balm.html

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I like the Desitin paste, I cover the whole diaper area and then change that diaper and reapply the cream really frequently- like every hour or so for a day and it usually clears up really quickly. Sometimes I put a little powder on before the cream but I didn't like to use powder when my DD was only 6 months so I rarely did so back then. It can also help to give the tooshy sometime to air out without a diaper on, if you can put baby down to play on a blanket or something that is ok to get a little pee on it. Sometimes it's also good to wipe the area as little as possible, like only if there is poop in the diaper, or to use a really soft, wet cloth instead of a wipe until the rash clears up. GL! It's the worst to hear them scream when you have to change a diaper.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Depends what kind of rash it is. If it flat out moisture related, desitin. If its a yeast rash (often after loose poop) then get a tube of antifungal cream like Lotramin at the drug store. If it yellow honey colored crusties then its bacterial and will need an antibiotic to clear it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• depends on what its from but I always use berts bees diaper creme and it works like a charm!
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• First choice is definitely boudreaux's butt-paste!!!! It is a miracle worker!! Usually by the next diaper change I could see a big improvement and they were feeling relieved! I have used Destin Creamy which would be my second choice but it takes a big longer than boudreaux!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ointments and creams don't seem to work well on my son. I had a little trouble with diaper rash when he was a few weeks old. I started putting a litle corn starch in every diaper, and I haven't had a problem since. It cleared him up quickly. :) good luck!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I always used desitin and my pedi said to spread it on like thick peanut butter!!! all over the infected area....my boys had the red red rash from the poop irritating them...good luck!
    andee1216

Answer by andee1216 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010