My friend tried to commit suicide??? adult content

I am not supposed to know as I was told by someone else in confidence. He is not returning any of my calls or emails. I am trying not to be too pushy since I am not supposed to know, but I am worried.

What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Keep your mouth shut and be supportive of your friend. Call and talk about things you usually talk about. I'm glad your friend is alright.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I agree don't let on that you know. Just be there to talk and support him. When he is ready he will call.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ask in another email if you can get together (for fun, not any other reason) and be there when he is ready to see you.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yea you don't want them to fond out you know. this would probably drive them to do it again cause of shame.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I agree, don't bring it up. If they want to talk about it they will bring it up to you. If they were hospitalized at the time they are probably getting professional help now.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What ever you decide to do, just don't do "Nothing". Ive lost 2 people to suicide and personally speaking, an attempt to help them is better than "finding" them one day leaving you to wonder for the rest of your life if you could have helped them (but were too worried that they'd "find out you knew") . Pull out your local phone book and contact your local Crisis Hotline and tell them whats going on. They WILL offer up some helpful suggestions. Good luck.
    Lipstk713

Answer by Lipstk713 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• thats is such a tricky situation,you dont want to seem to pushy because they may know someone toldyou but you dont want to just blow it off either. i would try to just be there for them, no more or less then you used to be before you found out, let him/her know that youve been thinking about them and go from there. but i agree with the pp dont do nothing...ahh i think im talking in circles now...lol...good luck honey
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Sorry to hear just wait to hear back & don't bring it up. Be there in every way possible. GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010