I'm 30 weeks pregnant and just spent a 17 hour car drive to California. In a week everyone wants me to go to Disney Land, thats another 6 or 7 hours of driving with no A/C and it will be in the 80's.....should I go?

I really want to go. It will be my daughters first time going, but I don't know if I could stand 7 hours in the truck with no A/C. I was miserable on the 17 hour drive. But it's a gift from my hubby's family and it will be my only time with them for another couple of years.....I would regret not going, but I'm nervous...

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 2:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • No please don't go, just let them know that you cant make it... maybe after the baby comes and you had at least 2 months of rest and getting to know the baby, than you should start planning to go if you wanted to... Blessings~
    GodBless_MyKids

Answer by GodBless_MyKids at 2:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• i wouldn't go. it is just too much stress and heat. you need to be more concerned with the safety or ur unborn child. do u really want to go and be miserable and make everyone else miserable? stay in and get a spa day
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 2:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• No.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• if you really want to go then go! they didn't have air conditioning not that long ago and people made it.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 4:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• At 30 weeks you should be sticking near home.
    What if you go into labor 6 or 7 hours from home? I wager you wouldn't want to be stuck in a hospital you don't know, giving birth with a doc you don't know in attendance.
    You never know- it could happen.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I wouldn't go...your health and your baby comes first. There will be other chances to go I am sure.
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 6:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Oh god i would love if our weather was 80 degrees.. thats like amazingly nice!!! im used to 115-120 degree weather.. no ac.. yeah, im RARELY in the car..
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• as much fun as that would be, the last thing you wanna do is overheat in the summer time. if you have to have to have to HAVE TO go then make sure you have cold drinks and you stop EVERY HOUR for a bit to stretch and cool off inside
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 11:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2008