Can a 16 month old get cradle cap?

What is cradle cap anyways? Why do babies get it? How can I get rid of it without using any oils of any kind?

patticakez

Asked by patticakez at 12:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Its a yellow scale looking patches on a baby's head. I'm not sure how they get it but I know they sell a shampoo at Walmart in the baby section and it's made by Disney for cradle cap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My pede reccommended Neutragena T-Gel, cradle cap is dry skin on the baby's scalp. My daughter had it for a while too, and a tons of hair so it was not wise to use baby oil. We treated it with medicated shamppo, like t-gel
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:28 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My son got it after he was born it kind of looks like a bad case of dandruff. I used the shampoo from Walmart that I found in the baby section by Disney. Generally only infants get cradle cap and I've heard that it's caused by the formula I don't know if that's true or not your child could just have dandruff.
    Mae264

Answer by Mae264 at 3:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• The cheapest answer I ever got was baby oil and Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo. Before a bath comb the oil into the hair and scalp then wash away with the shampoo. It may take a week, but my son's cleared right up with the use of oil and shampoo.
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 9:39 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yes they can. My 2 1/2 yo still has it and I can't get rid of it since she has a head full of hair.
    When my other kids were babies and had it I just used baby oil and a fine toothed comb and it was gone after 2 treatments. But her hair is long (down to mid-back) and she has a lot of it. I think I'll try the T-gel. My dad has some of that.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:42 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Kyle gets it! I have to wash his hair with baby shampoo. Make sure you bursh it! Brushing hair stimulates the glands in the scalp to make oils that will prevent it in the futur.
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 9:54 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I sound like an idiot...
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2008