Why is harder to get pregnant the second time?

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually it's easier... Unless there was some kind of damage during your first pregnancy and delivery you are usually MORE susceptible to pregnancy after you've gone through it once...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We have two daughters it was not hard at all we wanted them to be 18 months apart and they are 18 months apart.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont know, my doctor said that if we are trying to hard, that stress has a play in the game. Start taking folic acid, it will help your body get ready for a new little one. Thats what Im doing
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It took us two months longer then we wanted to get preggers the second time b/c my cycle length had changed by a few days.... but the kids are only 2 yrs and 4 months apart.. so it's all good!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 5:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It took us 9 months of trying very hard to have out first. We got pregnant with our second the first month we decided to "see what happens". We were not even counting days and taking temps and we got pregnant the first month-i was shocked.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It was harder with our second, Probably cause we didn't have as much time to keep trying LOL
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sorry it wasn't hard for us. Although I guess it took us 1 month of not preventing to get pregnant the first time and 2 months of trying to get pregnant the second time. Try not to stress out about it.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 7:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh I'm not trying to get pregnant. I've always read about it, and I've always been told that it's so hard to get pregnant the second time. There was never any reason to it. Anyway.. My husband says that he wants to get me pregnant so we can have our kids all at once, and not have anymore lol. I told him I want to wait, and he said that to me. Guess I should have put that in there somewhere as well. Anyway, thanks for your answers.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It look longer with our second (about 5 months compared to 2 months with our first). I think part of it was just that we were busier as well as older (I was 30 when I got pregnant with my 1st child and 33 when I got pregnant with the second).
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Most women are different. I'm a VERY fertile woman and for both my son and the baby I'm pregnant with now were oopsies, lol. Perhaps I'll never know what a planned pregnancy feels like! lol.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010