Applying to a job with no deploma or GED?

I did not graduate and I do not yet have my GED.
Sometime this year, I want to work for JCPenny or Sears or even Walmart in their portrait studio taking pictures.

If I lie and tell them I graduated, is there a way for them to find out that I did not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I didnt graduate either & I always write that I have my GED. They do not check it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sure they could find out if they wanted to.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They probably won't check it. My friend answered phones for a LAW FIRM!! I had no idea she didn't have a GED or Diploma. But I would go for your GED at least. It is peace of mind, believe me!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yeah i think if they look deeper into your educational backgroup they will surely find out, but im sure itll be ok to just say you have your ged cuz it seems like a hassle to say otherwise or overlooked becasue of it.
    krayziestarz

Answer by krayziestarz at 5:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would never feel comfortable lieing about that,I know your desperate for a job so maybe see if they will work around that. Some employers are willing to work around that if you go and work on getting one.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They DO not check. Trust me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 6:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They can check if they want to. Why not just put "in process" for your GED...if they find out and you get fired for cause (lying on an application) it may impact your ability to get other jobs...
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 9:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Why not just get your GED?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• could you lie? Yes.. but you could also go to jail for it, make you loose your job, and prevent you from getting future jobs.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• go to unemployment and they can find you a job based on your requirements
    xxhazeldovexx