Would you let your teenage daughter get an abortion?

I don't have teenage daughters yet but just asking because my friend is helping her daughter get one, in fact is encouraging her daughter to get one.

I disagree completely. I would never let my teenage daughter get an abortion since I believe that the baby now has rights of their own that would rival the rights of my child/any other human being.

What's your view?

leah_rai

Asked by leah_rai at 5:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• i would hope to support and guide her in making the best decision for her.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 5:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sure if it was the right deicison for her.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would stand by her in whatever she chose. And help counsel her to make the best decision for her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Of course i would that is her choice as a woman..I would support her either way.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 5:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not in a million years. A teen is so busy concerning themselves with their own personal problems, they dont see that they are killing another life.

This is not just teens either!!

I am a firm believer that if you are going to have an abortion you need to understand what you are doing. That means...you should KNOW what your "fetus" looks like at your stage of pregnancy....most women would be shocked and appalled...but instead we let women do it without even thinking about the actual baby that is inside them.

(ok that is my abortion rant for the month...done)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would help educate her in the best decision for the situation - I can't say right now I'd go either way
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would support any decision she made. I had two friends in high school that were pregnant. One had an abortion, one kept the baby. The one that had an abortion now has two amazing children, a husband and a great life, she made the right choice for her. The one that had the baby was pressured by her parents to do so, she works at a very low paying job as she had to drop out of school and she is still living with her parents.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes I would if she wanted to have one.

Answer by louise2 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would first make sure she knew all the options she had ahead of her... If that was her choice though, yes, I would support her choice... It's not about LETTING them, it's their choice, not mine... They chose to have sex and they have to make the choices that follow up after that, just like any other woman.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would definitely not encourage her to get an abortion, but it's her body, her life, her decision. I would hope for her to choose NOT to do it, but if she chose to do it I would support it.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 6:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010