11 month old twins.....should they be drinking just formula or should it be half milk and half formula or just milk

i need help cuz they are drinking way to much formula and my kids started at nine months switching from formula to milk???

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 5:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• unless otherwise directed by their pedi. they should only be drinking formula until 12 months of age. At 12 months its straight milk
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• just formula till 12mo and whatever solids u are giving them
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• when 12 start the switch to whole milk slowly.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I asked their doctor when my twins were 11 months about milk. since theyre on wic and wont get forumla after 12 months, and i can't afford a months worth of formula... he said its ok to switch to whole milk. he suggested one bottle of whole milk a day fo ra while and then just gradually stop giving formula. but i woudl talk to their doctor about it specifically before you do anything
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Um, it is really up to the parent. Some doctors recommend formula until they are a year or more. I started switching my older son to milk around like 10 months.. He wasn't wanting to take the formula really because of the baby food. I talked to my doctor about it and he said it would be fine to mix half formula and half milk for a couple weeks until he got used to the milk being added in. It didn't take long tho! He loved reg. milk!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Doctors recommend formula until 12 months and then milk at 12 months. DD was BF/FF until 12 months (turned 1 begin of Sept) but she doesn't like milk by itself so right now we mix 50/50 and go down a little every couple of days.
    Alyssasmommy412

Answer by Alyssasmommy412 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i have 2 yr old twins and they were on formula til they were one but i was introducing milk to them since they were 10 months old so when they turned 1 they only had milk.
    nattie123

Answer by nattie123 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 17, 2010