Great ideas for making Christmas fun when all your kid want is money?

The last several years I have done some sort of scavenger hunt to make them find their money. I have done clues with my version of "The Night Before Christmas", clues using Christmas Carols, and this past year I took really close up pictures of the places the money was hidden and sent them via text-messaging! My kids are 25 and 19 and they have a great time with it and seem to look forward to what I will come up with next.

jillybean4

Asked by jillybean4 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• seems like what you've done will be tough to top, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas, but love what you've done in the past!!!

Maybe some type of game?? board game???
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well darn, a scavenger hunt is exactly what I wanted to suggest! Haha I think that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm 25 and I would love it if my parents did something like that! (They still hide Easter eggs for me every year. ;-))
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We still hide Easter Eggs too!!!
    jillybean4

Comment by jillybean4 (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My hubby came up with the idea of hanging gift cards on the Christmas tree with different amounts starting with $25.00 and letting everyone go up to the tree and randomly picking out a gift card. Haven't done it yet , but I thought it was a pretty good idea, for those that rather get money over a gift.
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 7:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sounds realy cool.. I live in a big family, and my parents always get me the same thing.. A gift card.. I would have so much more fun on a scavenger hunt looking for a bit of $$ even if it was a lot less then the amount I get now, just for the fun of it...
    Anidawehiwahya

Answer by Anidawehiwahya at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• I guess I am the only one who thinks this is kind of sad?.. The Holidays should be about more than a scavenger hunt for money. And I am an atheist so I am not talking about religion. What about family togetherness with watching holiday movies on TV and driving around looking at Christmas lights? I am not saying a gift or two is bad, but having to hunt for cash sounds horrible.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:51 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

____________________

Oh my gosh , yes, you are the only one that thinks this is kinda sad. Really??? Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda annoying that some moms on here totally make a regular question all about themselves! Really where do you get off that the poster is making Christmas all about money hunting? I'm sure they do other things besides the whole gift giving. Maybe mom's on here should give a very detailed descriptions of their lifestyle before posting anything, to leave no room for negative criticism like yours.
    LIFO

Answer by LIFO at 8:19 PM on Sep. 15, 2010