Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 Bumps

My brother is being abused in a group home. what do i do?

in no way do i think this is a 'just for fun" question i am trying to reach more people.

Answer Question

Asked by suzzanna at 6:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 19 (7,362 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • If u know for a fack this is to be true and have prouph then call the police..

    Answer by seabrezze_11 at 6:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Can you get him out of there going throught the proper channels? Who is responsible for him in the home, if anyone? Report that person and the governing agency. I'm sorry : (

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:34 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Report your concerns to the proper authorities ASAP! And start looking for another place for him to live. Can he stay w/ you? People who prey on those less fortunate are scum! No offense, but I will never allow my DD son to go to a group home. When I die, I have a sister and his 2 siblings to take him in. It's hard to find a good one- and family is better. Good luck

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • The first thing you need to do is contact legal authorities. Why is he in a group home? Is this a situation where you can allow him to stay with you? If you contact CPS with the allegation of abuse and offer to allow him to stay with you they are more likely to get him out of there quickly.

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • First, let me say how sorry I am. Second, I agree with jeanclaudia. Consult an attorney, contact the authorities, and get him out ASAP!! This is one of my biggest fears for my son and why I plan on having him live with me and DH for as long as possible. He is living with autism, and very vulnerable.

    Answer by Robsmommy at 6:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Call your County Social Services Agency. They will check it out.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • my brother was in a mental hospital for 4mths for schitzophrenia and was admitted (by a judge) he cannot be released in the custody of the parents because his dad is a crack head and his mom does not have a place to stay herself. I agreed to let him stay with me but I dont know who to talk to.

    Comment by suzzanna (original poster) at 6:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Does he have a social worker? I would call them and see what to do.

    Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • C.O.P.S.

    Answer by LoVe4Free at 6:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • If he was admitted by a judge then he has a social worker in charge of his case. Start with the social worker, then to her supervisor, then to that persons supervisor and on up the chain of command. These hospital group homes for kids are also part of health and human resources and have state codes they need to follow. Google the hospital and find out where the funding comes from. Make a report to them. The top of the chain of command is the ombudsman for the state. They often intervene in theses cases and have big power. Google your state and ombudsman.

    Answer by babyfat5 at 7:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.