18 days to go. Have you read up on your local propositions yet?

We all know that the grand plans and promises of the Presidental candidates have little hope of ever becoming reality. Well, the stuff on your LOCAL ballot will impact you. Don't just vote on the national candidates. Take the time to read about the propositions before you go to vote. From what I've seen in the past nearly all of them will be asking you to rasise your taxes or to divert money from one project to another. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes it's not. Will you let your neighbors decide for you?

If you don't have any information to read, go to your state's website to get some. The website will be in this format... www.ca.gov or www.ny.gov.

I'm still doing research. How about you?

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yes. there are 8 in Florida. very interesting and everyone should read up on it. I wrote down what I'm voting for each, just so I don't mess up at the polls.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:52 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Yeah they can be quite confusing. I already voted via absentee, so it was basically like take home test. :) I recommend ballotpedia.org if you need a little help cracking the legal jargon. I know they like to try and catch people on their double negatives.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 8:41 AM on Oct. 17, 2008