How much have you gained in your twin pregnancy?

I am 21 weeks w/ twin boys and I have a big belly, but I have not gained a single pound. I am really nervous about low birth weight and preterm labor, but I'm eating as much as I can and am not actively trying to stay thin. Has anyone else been through this?

mellibelli917

Asked by mellibelli917 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I LOST ten pounds turning my first trimester with my twin boys. because i was so sick. then i ate and ate and ate and the only weight i gained was them. They were born four weeks early at 5 lbs 3oz and 7lbs 1oz. I asked my doctor about my lack of weight gain every appointment and he was never concerned. just keep talking to your doctor about it. I bet you'll start gaining a lot of weight towards the end, I did.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• im only carrying a single baby. BUT im 20 weeks and ive lost 56 lbs since about 3 weeks before finding out i was preg. my baby is still looking healthy and measuring at the right weight. talk to your doctor mine put me on a 3000 cal a day diet to get me to gain weight...
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I am the same exact way. I am 21 weeks now and clearly have the big belly but I have only gained 2 pounds this whole time but I was a bit overweight when I got pregnant ans it seems like im loosing weight to look at me but weight wise im not its just transfering from the rest of my body to my babies and belly.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 8:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010