Potty training help? adult content

My DD (2 yr 4 mo) pooped in the potty at school today!! She pees there fairly regularly, but never here at home. I asked her if she wants to wear panties and she said yes. So I put on some panties that she picked out. Told her to keep them dry. Almost an hour later and she was still dry-- then she pooped. A runny one. She stepped out of her panties, it fell on the floor, and she stepped in it. At that point, she's freaking out; she HATES poop. She asked for a diaper again.

My question: What now? Panties again? Diapers again? Try again with panties tomorrow afternoon (I work full time)?

christaberk

Asked by christaberk at 6:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have potty trained 2 of my kids already and working on my 3rd on the potty. I was told that once you put them on regular underwear to never switch back to diapers for any reason. Most kids hate the feel of poop and pee on them so once they feel it in the underwear they will get in the hang of going to the potty first so they wont have to go through that again. I hope that makes sense. I'm battling a sinus infection. : )
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i say keep the underwear too. if you put her back in diapers, you will have to go back to underwear again and she will have another accident and freak again. so might as well go ahead with it since she already has one accident to remember. and if she hated it that much she might not do it again. my son pees in the potty fine but could care less if he poops in his underwear, i wish he would freak out when he did :)
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• "my son pees in the potty fine but could care less if he poops in his underwear, i wish he would freak out when he did :) "

I know EXACTLY what you mean. it wasn't until a few months ago we finally got the pooping thing in order.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010