What if The united states passed law tht all women must be naked and they are not allowed to wear clothes while wlking in public?

In July, the National Assembly voted 335-1 to pass the law, which bears the formal name "Forbidding the Concealing of the Face in the Public Space." Al-Jazeera reported that the text does not actually contain the words "veil" or "Islam."

Today's move, however, is clearly directed at the relatively small number of Muslim women who opt for covering their faces with full veils or garments such as burqas. French President Nicolas Sarkozy, who supports the new law, has said that women who wear the burqa are "not welcome" in the country.

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, once everyone looked around and saw those of us with chubby bodies, or sagging and wrinkling bodies, I think that the law would be repealed.

But, on a more serious note, I think that this is a difficult question......just as we force people to wear a certain amount of clothing, some laws are important to make the majority of society more comfortable....on the other hand, I believe in religious and spiritual freedom.

I'd have to hear the reasoning behind the law in order to really be sure what I feel.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Personally, I'm rather upset by ANY government that feels the need to control their citizens to this extreme... I have never in my life seen a reason for this type of control - to me it's little more than an abuse of power. And it's one more reason I am so proud to be an American, because for all of America's flaws, I can't see this type of thing happening here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ohwrite, it is because they said that the woman need to be identified.
    emilysmom1966

Comment by emilysmom1966 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well if the US passed a law like that, I'd move overseas. LOL. But seriously....I do think a law that works so hard to control people is inapproriate. I would have to read more about it and the reasons for it, but I don't believe it is one human being's job to tell another what they can/cannot wear/believe, etc. I believe that the only laws that should ever be passed and enforced are those that ensure the safety, health, and well-being of a country's people.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Guess I won't ever be going out in Public.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would have to know more about it, but I think it is unfair to the women who do chooses to cover their faces.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I guess that would mean no one would complain about breastfeeding in public.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont see why people are so concerned with what others wear. I think there are bigger and more important issues to be dealt with imho.
    Nudity shouldnt be a big deal either but its a social thing so whatever.

IF a law was passed in this country saying I had to walk around naked in public then Id become a hermit til heads were pulled out of their butts and the law was revoked. If that wasnt going to happen then Id leave the country and move to where I could wear or not wear as I saw fit.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm not even going to address the naked thing.

As for France not wanting burqas worn there, it's one more example of something being ruined by extremists. I highly doubt the French president got up one morning and decided he was going to control how women dressed there just because. The point of this is not religous freedom or women should be allowed to wear what they want. Times have changed and the enemy can't always be identified by gender or age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Without going all deep into the topic, I'm going to say this. I'd leave the country if this were to happen. That would be entirely too much freedom being taken away.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010