am I wrong for feeling left out?

have 2 sisters, they're both at least 10 years older than I am. They ALWAYS do things together. I'm never there. I feel my one sister likes our nieces and nephews more than me, (they range between 18-1) She gets my one niece rings (Kay Jeweler ones) etc. for her b-day, I haven't got a present in like 10 years. She gets my nephew pretty much neat gifts, she made him a scrapbook for his graduation. They go to GA to see him at base, 2 years in a row- don't invite me. Bring everybody back gifts from vacation cept for me and my daughter, I have to pay. They ALWAYS just never call me. My cousin even said "she feels bad for me, cuz they always leave me out." They go on mini-vacays, it's just sad to me. My mom even does it, I'll call her 50 times to ask her a question, no answer. As soon as my nephew calls 2 min later, she answers. Am I wrong for feeling left out? Are my feelings being hurt for nothin? I just don't understand. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• no and my heart goes out to you...i would feel exactly the same way. are they mad at you for something you did that you are not aware of. that is what i would be asking and then i would bring my feelings into it. it's best to be honest. maybe they feel you don't want to hang with them. in the end it could just be some type of huge misunderstanding i would try to find out. wish i had more insight. i want to be your friend cause sounds like you need one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would try to talk to them. They might not even realize how they are treating you. It sounds like your 2 older sisters are more connected because they are closer in age. They might not leave you out on purpose, maybe they think you don't want to hang out with them because they are "old" LOL. I think I would just talk to each one of them one on one and talk to your mom and tell them exactly what you told us. I have older sisters and brothers and we don't do much together. We do holidays and such, but we don't exchange gifts(there's too many of them and they all have grown kids too). Good luck, I hope things turn around.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 6:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would feel left out too...that doesn't seem right for them to do all of that. Are they aware of it (how can they be that clueless?!)?
    Sorry you have that happening in your extended family.
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 7:22 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No arguments, no nothing. I just get called it seems when something is needed, I just don't get it. Even my daughter who loves all my nieces/nephews and my sisters are being excluded. That's just not fair to her. I'm just angry right now. :/
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 7:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would definitely feel left out too. Honestly, I would tell them all how I felt!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I know how you feel. My mom and dad does that to me. They will give my brother anything he wants and I wont ever get anything. You are not wrong for being hurt
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I feel so bad for ya. There is no other way, just come out and pour your heart out and get it all out on the table & ask them! GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 15, 2010