What is a easy way to eat healthier?

AVONMom1981

Asked by AVONMom1981 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you rgularly drink soda, stop. You'd be amazed at how much better you feel within a few days.And carry a bottle of ice water around with you to sip on all day to keep hydrated.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• DRINK LOTS OF WATER AND EAT LOTS OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES.
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 7:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yeah, well i am a soda addict and to be honest, i wont stop... i HATE water and refuse to drink it...
    not to sound all frumpy about that, but thats like telling a smoker to quit and they dont want to....

I want to feed my kid better food and i was told to never shop on the isles to only shop the outside and make all his food fresh...

AVONMom1981

Comment by AVONMom1981 (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I generally hate water too...I flavor it with Crystal Light. It is inexpensive and has zero added calories or sugar. Making food fresh is good. Some stores like HyVee will assign a health value to certain foods to help you decide on what prepackaged foods are best. I really like their number system myself. Don't do anything to excess either.
    Soteria79

Answer by Soteria79 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think the best easy thing you can do is add more fruits and vegetables. Everything doesn't have to be fresh, if it gets too complicated it's not likely to happen, at least I know that's true for me, but the more fresh things you can add the better.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i went looking for crystal light the other day.. glad i was correct on that one..
    AVONMom1981

Comment by AVONMom1981 (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Eat less processed and refined foods, more fresh foods and whole grains. Exercise 30 minutes a day- aerobic exercise-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Cut out processed foods, unnatural sugars, sodas, food with too much fat or carbs. It's important to drink lots of water and get plenty of fresh fruits and veggies!!! :) Just cutting out soda and switching to water will make a huge difference!! :)
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 7:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• ugh.. that no soda stuff again
    AVONMom1981

Comment by AVONMom1981 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have started snacking healthier, like fruits, yogurts, etc. I also stopped drinking my Mountain Dew. I did not give up my coffee in the morning though. I think if you can cut back on coke and replace it with water, snack on things like fruit, yogurt, and veggies (like carrot sticks or ants on a log) that should help a lot!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010