Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

This man is such a punk

So the father of my child is trying to use my son to keep me here.... he is trying to say I'm an "unfit" mother.... this guy is controlling and physically and mentally abusive, he's beat me black and blue before and tells me all the time I'm not worth sh*t.... I have anxiety and I do smoke weed... can they take my son away for that? I have no problem stopping... please no bashing... I live in WA if that matters

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • I would leave him and not think twice about it. No one deserves to be abused. I dont think they can take your son away from you just because you smoke weed. Just dont do it in the presence of your son and dont be all open with the fact that you do smoke weed and you should be fine. As far as the anxiety as long as you are not hurting your child you should be fine also. There are too many parents out there that smoke weed and if the kids were taken away because of that there would be an overload of kids that need to be adopted.

    Answer by missthang42001 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • i say get clean and get out, if youre not doing drugs, youll be fine, they wont take him for having anxiety.
    if any more abuse happens take pictures. document everything, get proof against him.

    National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233

    Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 7:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Yes you will want to stop the weed before you do anything...make sure it is out of your system before you make any moves. There should be women's crisis centers in your area or near your area that can help you get away from him. Please don't put up with that. As far as I know the only thing not in your favor at the moment is the weed.

    Answer by Soteria79 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Call the local domestic violence shelter and ask about your state laws. Abusers say whatever they can to keep control over you. Don't fall for his bs

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • I would leave him, and quit smoking weed. He can't prove something you are not doing!

    Answer by mommy11260 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Yes, they can take your son for smoking weed. It is still an illegal drug. Get clean and then leave this guy. He will have no recourse if you are testing clean. Good luck momma!

    Answer by michelle121003 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • i'm sure that he smokes weed as well and he wouldn't be entitled to get your baby over you even if you smoke weed. i would just quite just in case but i would leave for sure. i never got my kids taken away for abusing drugs. i did however let my mother have them. although i don't live in wa

    Answer by melody77 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Leave him as soon as you can and quit smoking weed cuz you can be arrested for having it in your possesion. They will take your son away

    Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Leave the jerk and get off pot the court will drug test you if necessary and I mean a hair follicle test which will show everything you use. GL and stay STRONG!

    Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
What would you do?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Not a good time...