Why are you here?

Do you come in the Religious Debate to learn things from others with differences? To share your knowledge? To share your opinion bc it makes you feel important? To "save" someone?

It's all kind of funny, really, how heated and personal these debates get. What do YOU get out of debating religion?

Personally, I guess I come for amusement. I feel as if I know what I need to, I don't care to press my views on anyone because I don't really care what any of you believe, and I'm not trying to save anyone. As for my opinion...I'm not silly enough to think that anyone but maybe 1% of you actually care about what I think, lol...and 1% is pushing it.

Does anyone else think maybe we're all taking our opinions and the posts on here a tad too seriously?

If this starts drama, I'll close it, bc that's not what I'm looking for.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I'm here because I love religion. The views and beliefs of other people and other belief systems have always fascinated me!
    When I can help educate someone else, I'm always happy and willing to... I believe religious education is a blessing and everyone should reach out to find the truth about those they don't know...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

When I can help educate someone else, I'm always happy and willing to... I believe religious education is a blessing and everyone should reach out to find the truth about those they don't know... "

And that's a good reason. You're very tolerant, so I can see that is why you are here.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I honestly come here to learn about others and their beliefs....as I learned a tremendous amount about mostly christians from another forum I used to be a part of years ago. I've changed in many ways in regards to how I used to view some christians.
    BUT I also come to hopefully educate people who want to learn about my own beliefs. I really dislike that people am a devil worshipper or immoral or evil simply b/c I am an atheist. I am so much more than that.
    I hope to help others better understand that.
    I come for the entertainment as well...and yes we all take it too seriously at times!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• group hug   LOL!

LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

I come for the entertainment as well...and yes we all take it too seriously at times! "

That's great. It IS a big misconception that atheists are "devil worshipers". I find it funny, bc...if someone doesn't believe in God, why would they believe in the devil and worship him, lol? I think it's a good thing that you're open to sharing what you believe, and helping with the negative stereotypes that are out there of atheists. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yeah, chances are you knew my answer though! lol I would think you know me at this point.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yea, Sabrina, I had a pretty good idea. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I come to share, and to soak in what everyone else has to share. I find the diversity fascinating. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I really enjoy reading other mom's opinions, well, ok, some not so much, when it gets fugly. I was raised pentecostal (you'll see me rise to their defense every once in awhile), converted to catholicism in my early 20s, have studied religion and theology throughout my lifetime.

And, yes, LovingSAHMommy, I do read your postings.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I like to learn things and share my views with others.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010